Thursday, January 17, 2008

Broken or not?

So last night the prestigious world of Church basketball started for the University 2nd Stake. Ever year they tell you that it is just for fun but we all know it means much more, I mean, just watch how serious the players are and you will know what it is all about. Also it has a small reputation for people getting hurt and such, well I think I just joined that injured group.
As I was driving to the basket I tripped on someones feet, it was not intentional by any means and I was feeling a bit clumsy last night. Later in the game I noticed that it was sore but didn't think anything of it.
When I got home and took my shoes off I noticed that it was a bit swollen and bruised. Now I am not sure if it is broken or I just jammed it pretty bad, as I have broken a toe before and it was not all that painful. My movement is limited and put can put limited pressure on it. Also I am one of those stubborn people that feels if its not serious then I don't need to see a doctor, its just a toe right?
So what would you do in my shoes? See poll.

3 comments:

Liz Robertson said...

Dave says the doctor can't put a cast on it, so you might as well tape it to the next toe and just let it heel, but that's an unprofessional opinion...

Justin & Allison Harmon said...

I agree with your sister. They can't do anything for it at the doctor....the only thing they would do is confirm if it is broken and then tell you to be careful on it till it heals.....taping it would help keep it from moving around.

Ed Jen said...

Amputation - then you don't need to worry about injurying it again.
Next patient please.