Monday, May 12, 2008

School

Back when I was taking my first classes at the LDS Business College, I heard someone say that the average person changes there degree about 4 times. Well I laughed at that and those people who would do such a thing, well I am not the one laughing now.

Once again I have changed my degree and this had better be the last time. I have gone from business, statistics, psychology and now information technology, I should of just listened in the first place and changed them all right way. But right now I like that degree I am in and feel that it fits me better then any of the other ones.

With that I have also changed the school I am going to. With working full time and wanting to get done with school as quickly as possible I have changed to WGU. What don't know the meaning of that acronym off the top of your head? I just barely found them on the internet and glad that I did. They are a online University that was started a couple years ago by some Governors of the western states, hence the tricky name of Western Governors University.

With this I am able to go at my pace and go to school full time along with work full time. The best part is that I can do all my work online and don't have to work around a class schedule. The difference about them versus other online schools is that they are accredited and I can transfer when I am done.

One draw back is that I have to push myself and make sure I stick to it, so if you see me or are talking with me, ask me how things are going. I am sure things will be moving right along and I will just talk your ear off about really cool computer stuff that I am learning.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

It is good to see the updates. Congrats on the half marathon. That is too bad you continue to have IT band problems.

WGU! Good luck with the new school. I hope things go well for you. Information systems seems like a good fit for you.

Steve said...

I think that if you are dedicated you can do it. Right now I am doing a business law course (one of my last business classes for my information systems degree) and it's a little hard to keep on track. If I can offer a little advice, make a study schedule and each week plan out how many lessons you will complete, and then stick to that. besides, a good friend of mine named Thomas Monson said that "When performance is measured, performance improves."

Happy studying

Steve said...

your link to wgu should be wgu.edu not wgu.org. You need to change it or the link goes to very much the wrong website.